About Human Resource Applications
We seek to provide system support for Human Resources, the payroll section of the Controller's office, and the Banner HR system while providing any modifications and additional programming needed to support the HR needs of the University.
We acheive this by:
- Supporting Virginia Tech's efforts in recruiting, hiring, and retaining the best candidates for meeting the university's mission and goals.
- Accommodating unique policies and procedures, helping the university to serve its most important resources, people.
- Enabling the University to process applicants; manage personnel, benefits, and positions; monitor compensation, labor relations, and health and safety; administer budgets; and process payroll.
Our Strategic Goals:
- To provide the leadership in Human Resources, and other areas of the university, information for strategic decision making regarding employees
- To move paper based HR actions and processes to electronic documents and processes reducing the number of paper forms required
- To support the everyday users of the HR system to enhance efficiencies, improve data quality, provide information, and ensure employees are paid correctly.
Through the integration of Banner, external vendor software, and in-house developed systems, the HR Applications teams supports these modules of the HR system:
- Applicant Tracking
- Employment and Compensation Administration
- Performance Management
- Benefits Administration and Leave
- Position Control
- Payroll Calculation
- Payroll Adjustments, Labor Redistributions, and Pay History
Kevin Buhrdorf, Director