About Human Resource Applications
We provide development, business analysis, and integration services and support for human resources, leave, equity and access, and payroll applications.
We acheive this by:
- Supporting Virginia Tech's efforts in recruiting, hiring, and retaining the best candidates for meeting the university's mission and goals.
- Accommodating unique policies and procedures, helping the university to serve its most important resources, people.
- Enabling the University to process applicants; manage personnel, benefits, and positions; monitor compensation, labor relations, and health and safety; administer budgets; and process payroll.
Through the integration of Banner, external vendor software, and in-house developed systems, the HR Applications teams supports these modules of the HR system:
- Applicant Tracking
- Employment and Compensation Administration
- Performance Management
- Benefits Administration and Leave
- Position Control
- Payroll Calculation
- Payroll Adjustments, Labor Redistributions, and Pay History
Kevin Buhrdorf, Director