About Database & Application Administration
We provide database administration for various database technologies, application administration for enterprise vendor and VT-developed applications, web hosting and administration, cloud administration services, and deployment technology leadership.
DBAA provides operational support for the following technologies and services:
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) – The University’s CMS
- Banner and related applications – The University’s ERP
- Blackbaud – The University’s CRM.
- Business Intelligence – ETL & BI software support.
- Docker Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Oracle Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Postgresql Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Tomcat Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Web Hosting – a LAMP stack for University departments and organizations
- Among others...
Richard Quintin, Director
Richard has served as the director of Database & Application Administration (DBAA) since 2012. Prior to that he was a Database Administrator in DBAA. Richard is passionate about service management and how emerging technologies such as Docker & cloud can advance the mission of IT at Virginia Tech.
Prior to joining the Virginia Tech team, Richard served in the US Navy and later as a professional firefighter before returning to school at SUNY, Plattsburgh to get his undergraduate degree in Computer Science. He currently holds a Masters in Information Technology from Virginia Tech.
Shane Carpenter, Lead DBA Application Administrator
Mandy Herrington, Lead DBA Application Administrator
Russell Fenn, Lead DBA Application Administrator