About Database & Application Administration
Database & Application Administration (DBAA) is responsible for the smooth functioning of the infrastructure and operational environments that support Virginia Tech’s enterprise services.
DBAA provides operational support for the following technologies and services:
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) – The University’s CMS
- Banner and related applications – The University’s ERP
- Blackbaud – The University’s CRM.
- Business Intelligence – ETL & BI software support.
- Docker Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Oracle Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Postgresql Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Tomcat Hosting – for Enterprise Systems applications
- Web Hosting – a LAMP stack for University departments and organizations
- Among others...
Richard Quintin, Director
Richard has served as the director of Database & Application Administration (DBAA) since 2012. Prior to that he was a Database Administrator in DBAA. Richard is passionate about service management and how emerging technologies such as Docker & cloud can advance the mission of IT at Virginia Tech.
Prior to joining the Virginia Tech team, Richard served in the US Navy and later as a professional firefighter before returning to school at SUNY, Plattsburgh to get his undergraduate degree in Computer Science. He currently holds a Masters in Information Technology from Virginia Tech.
Shane Carpenter, Lead DBA Application Administrator
Mandy Herrington, Lead DBA Application Administrator
Russell Fenn, Lead DBA Application Administrator