We exist to support the Virginia Tech community by developing, coordinating, and managing application software systems that provide critical information services.
- Sep 11, 2017 Terri Pecora named Director of Academic Applications Pecora succeeds Janet Linkous, who retired last June, as Director of Academic Applications.
- Aug 31, 2017 Welcome to StarRez! Virginia Tech's $50 Million Housing Management System The needs of the modern user and of Virginia Tech demand an efficient and extensible tool. Now in its first full year of use, the benefits of StarRez have multiplied exponentially for the university.
- Aug 24, 2017 Congratulations to ScrumMaster Certificate Recipients Several members of Enterprise Systems participated in ScrumMaster training provided by Excella Consulting. After successful completion of the course and examination, trainees received their official certification as ScrumMasters.
- Aug 04, 2017 Leave System Enhancement Arrives for Paid Overtime In May 2017, HR Applications and the HR Leave Group rolled out a collaborative effort to improve the processing of paid overtime at Virginia Tech.
- Jul 31, 2017 Sunapsis International Office Module Goes "Live" After a nearly year-long implementation process, and following the recent “go-live” site visit by the vendor, July 10-12, the Sunapsis enterprise software system is now operational in the production environment for the international student population, arriving on budget and on schedule.
- Sep 11, 2017
- Sep 08, 2017
Sep 07, 2017
Be on the lookout for the One Campus booth at Gobblerfest tomorrow! Check out One Campus now at http://onecampus.vt.edu https://twitter.com/virginia_tech/status/905881984064475136 …
Sep 07, 2017
Congratulations to the @VaCyberRange team! https://twitter.com/VTScottMidkiff/status/905534314418511872 …
Aug 31, 2017
Students are back in Blacksburg! But how did they get their rooms? Cue StarRez... https://es.vt.edu/about/news/starrezhousingsys.html …
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Aug 31, 2017 FCC grants streamlined request process for experimental radio licenses on Virginia Tech Blacksburg campus Campus notice regarding streamlined FCC license procurement for researchers on campus.
- Jun 26, 2017 Virginia Tech’s Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering hosts cybersecurity camp for high school teachers The department will host two GenCyber teacher camps for 50 high school teachers from across the country for the second year.
- Feb 22, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range names Amazon Web Services as preferred partner AWS will join the Commonwealth of Virginia and Virginia Tech to support scalable cloud infrastructure and collaborate on cybersecurity educational efforts, enabling the Cyber Range with both content and a closed network for hands-on exercises, competitions, and other simulations.
- Feb 01, 2017 Documentary, panel discussion about women and minorities in STEM and computing set for Feb. 7 Virginia Tech is hosting a public screening of “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap,” on Feb. 7. CODE is a documentary that explores the history of women and minorities in the field of computer science and discusses the benefits, challenges, and struggles of underrepresented groups in the STEM fields.
- Dec 21, 2016 Downtown Blacksburg’s GoGig service joins eduroam wireless network A collaboration between Virginia Tech and GoGig has resulted in the merging of the Wi-Fi network in downtown Blacksburg with the international eduroam network.