We exist to support the Virginia Tech community by developing, coordinating, and managing application software systems that provide critical information services.
- May 11, 2017 Virginia Tech Presents at Women in Tech Summit On April 21-22, Jennifer Rush, the Finance Applications Technical Lead and Lead Applications Analyst, assisted Terry Hinders, the Director of the Virginia Tech Masters of Information Technology program, in presenting the workshop, “On-ramps, Off-ramps, Glass Ceilings and Sticky Floors. Updating your credentials: When is it worth it?” at the Women in Tech Summit in Philadelphia, PA.
- May 05, 2017 Positioning VT for our ERP Future: Banner 9 Virginia Tech is upgrading the university Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) Ellucian Banner to the newest version, Ellucian Banner 9. This multi-year effort has two broad phases - phase one addresses Banner 8 INB and phase two upgrades Self-Service Banner, HokieSPA.
- Apr 25, 2017 Philanthropy Fuels our Forward Progress Giving is an essential part of the momentum of the university and even codified in our motto, Ut Prosim. It is no surprise then that the online giving presence is highly visible and has tremendous potential to positively influence the giving experience.
- Apr 07, 2017 Virginia Tech Deploys EAB Student Success Collaborative Using data and analytics, EAB Student Success Collaborative will measurably improve student outcomes. The system uses predictive models to produce analytics concerning progress toward all degrees for use in real-time risk assessments, student behavioral trend analysis, and outcomes analysis.
- Jan 17, 2017 2016 Chili Cook-Off
- Jan 17, 2017 Collaboration on Inbound Freight Program Saves University Thousands
- Jan 17, 2017 Beam Me Up Scot(t)y, it's Time to Talk Enterprise Systems
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 22, 2017 Virginia Cyber Range names Amazon Web Services as preferred partner AWS will join the Commonwealth of Virginia and Virginia Tech to support scalable cloud infrastructure and collaborate on cybersecurity educational efforts, enabling the Cyber Range with both content and a closed network for hands-on exercises, competitions, and other simulations.
- Feb 01, 2017 Documentary, panel discussion about women and minorities in STEM and computing set for Feb. 7 Virginia Tech is hosting a public screening of “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap,” on Feb. 7. CODE is a documentary that explores the history of women and minorities in the field of computer science and discusses the benefits, challenges, and struggles of underrepresented groups in the STEM fields.
- Jan 30, 2017 Don’t wait to move courses to Canvas; Scholar ends May 20 Beginning in June of 2015, Virginia Tech began the move to the Canvas Learning Management System. The transition period is rapidly coming to a close, and Scholar will be decommissioned on May 20, 2017.
- Oct 25, 2016 Aras Memisyazici appointed network architect for the Virginia Cyber Range In his new position, Memisyazici will define needs and develop technical strategy for the Virginia Cyber Range, a newly formed virtual center aimed at creating a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education in Virginia.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range to enhance cybersecurity education across the commonwealth The initiative will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high school and college students, positioning Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Sep 13, 2016 Enhancing national security by making intelligence software smarter The Discovery Analytics Center and a Virginia-based defense company are working together on software that can predict and adapt to an intelligence analyst's needs.
- Sep 08, 2016 New lab to help establish databases to improve nuclear reactor safety, design The lab, to be built in Randolph Hall, will help nuclear engineers develop and test databases to enable engineers to design safer, more-efficient reactors.