We exist to support the Virginia Tech community by developing, coordinating, and managing application software systems that provide critical information services.
IT News @ Virginia Tech
- Feb 01, 2017 Documentary, panel discussion about women and minorities in STEM and computing set for Feb. 7 Virginia Tech is hosting a public screening of “CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap,” on Feb. 7. CODE is a documentary that explores the history of women and minorities in the field of computer science and discusses the benefits, challenges, and struggles of underrepresented groups in the STEM fields.
- Jan 30, 2017 Don’t wait to move courses to Canvas; Scholar ends May 20 Beginning in June of 2015, Virginia Tech began the move to the Canvas Learning Management System. The transition period is rapidly coming to a close, and Scholar will be decommissioned on May 20, 2017.
- Jan 27, 2017 Submission period for Design and Develop Awards proposals now open Announcing the Spring 2017 Call for Proposals for Design and Develop Awards
- Oct 25, 2016 Aras Memisyazici appointed network architect for the Virginia Cyber Range In his new position, Memisyazici will define needs and develop technical strategy for the Virginia Cyber Range, a newly formed virtual center aimed at creating a state-of-the-art platform for cybersecurity education in Virginia.
- Sep 21, 2016 Virginia Cyber Range to enhance cybersecurity education across the commonwealth The initiative will provide advanced cybersecurity training exercises for high school and college students, positioning Virginia to become a leading source of critical cybersecurity expertise for the nation.
- Sep 13, 2016 Enhancing national security by making intelligence software smarter The Discovery Analytics Center and a Virginia-based defense company are working together on software that can predict and adapt to an intelligence analyst's needs.
- Sep 08, 2016 New lab to help establish databases to improve nuclear reactor safety, design The lab, to be built in Randolph Hall, will help nuclear engineers develop and test databases to enable engineers to design safer, more-efficient reactors.